Our Commitment to You and the Protection of Your Data
We’re committed to helping Gainsight customers and users understand, and where applicable, comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). The CCPA is the first comprehensive consumer privacy law enacted in a U.S state, which became effective January 1, 2020.
The CCPA grants California residents new rights regarding their personal information and imposes various data protection duties on certain entities conducting business in California. While it incorporates several General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concepts, such as the rights of access, portability, and data deletion, there are several areas where the CCPA requirements are more specific than those of the GDPR or where the GDPR goes beyond the CCPA requirements.
The CCPA requirements are significant and our global team has prepared Gainsight’s product offerings, operations and contractual commitments to help customers comply with the regulation. Measures we implemented include:
- Enhanced Data and System Inventory
- Leveraged Consumer Rights Requests Internal Process & Checklist
- Included a “Do Not Sell my Personal Information” Button on websites
- Developed a “Do Not Sell my Personal information” Process
- Leveraging Cookie Banners
- Enabled opt-out for tracking analytics
- Reviewed and Updated external Privacy Disclosures and Policy
We will also monitor the guidance around CCPA compliance from privacy-related regulatory bodies and update our product features and contractual commitments accordingly.